Monday, June 25, 2007

The all-you-can-eat holiday

The reason I haven’t written for the past few days is that I have been recovering emotionally since we were taken to a ‘cattery’ (as the humans call it). Apparently it was a holiday; well the warning signs were there – the suitcases, which for a moment I though were a new bed. Then when the baskets came out it stirred my memory and I hid. But those humans got me anyway and took me and Morgan to the ‘cattery.’ Full of unknown smells it was bewildering but I was put in a room with Morgan and from then on we comforted one another. It’s quite funny really because we are always tearing each others fur out at home, but in difficult circumstances the strangest friends are forged. The space was limited and we could hardly go out anyway because it was raining so much, trust them to take us to the wrong place. I slept for most of the day with Morgan; well not with Morgan really because when I tried to sit next to him he got up and moved a paw-length away. This black cloud of a few days did have a very silver lining though – I had double helpings of food! Morgan appeared off his grub so I helped him out with it. Purr about an all-you-can-eat holiday; I loved it. Towards the end of our time there it got even better because Morgan’s appetite lessened (i.e. he didn’t fight me when pushed my nose in his bowl). Unfortunately now we are back Morgan has started eating properly and they make sure I don’t eat his food which I find a bit unfair. Would I go to the ‘cattery’ again? Well only if I had too and as long as I was sharing with Morgan.

No comments: