Friday, April 25, 2008

When Morgan went missing

I thought I had upset Morgan. A few days ago we were play fighting me and him outside. We were running around mad as ever chasing each other and in my play I careered into this metal ‘thing’ they have outside. They say this ‘thing’ is to give the birds a bath in but we don’t have birds in our garden anymore because Morgan ate them all. It fell over, clanking on the ground and gave Morgan a bath. I leapt in the air with the sound and the fright of wondering what Morgan would do to me and ran inside however I did see a very wet, unimpressed and very shocked Morgan licking himself a few minutes later. It seemed all that was hurt was his pride. So when Morgan went ‘missing’ a day later I was a bit sorry to miss him. It worried me that it was my fault no-one had seen him all day. It was a bit strange. For once there was no-one waiting with me for the humans to come home. Then there was no-one to push out the way so I could eat his dinner; no-one to sniff my nose as I came to through the cat-flap or to eye me up when I walked in a room. It definitely wasn’t like usual and the others were getting a bit worried too. As it was getting dark we went for a ‘Morgan hunt’ round the block. Whilst the humans looked with their eyes I studied each smell and noise. It scared me a bit going where I had never been before but I stayed with Katty and knew she’d protect me though I got really scared with those cars that roar past and sometimes ran under cover. After a while we went back in the house and I tried to settle down on the chair by the cat flap but couldn’t relax so I pestered the humans for some dinner and then after nourishing myself I went out in the dark and looked for him. Well they could at least have told me he came back. There I was risking life and limb and he had come in minutes after I had gone outside. It turns out he got locked in the garage that I got locked in when I went missing. He came back about the time I came back when I got locked in there all those moons ago. And to think that I thought for a moment that the reason was gone was because I gave him a bath!

No comments: