Monday, July 14, 2008

The Evening Encounter with Mr Squirrel

It was really exciting. I was outside minding my own business mulling around – well actually I was playing cat-and-mouse with Katty who wanted me to go to bed – and I heard a massive bang and scrabbling over the road. I ran to the roadside, my senses going into overtime. Morgan was chasing a smaller creature (whose identity I couldn’t work out straight away but it turned out it was a squirrel) across a shed and along the fence over the road. The squirrel then jumped from the fence onto this telegraph pole and scampered up it. Morgan sat at the bottom looking incensed that he to could not climb that high. The squirrel just stood vertical clinging on to the pole with all its might when I, in want of a closer look slunk over there and sat a bit behind Morgan so as not to prevent him continuing his attack. Morgan sat there like he could have stayed there all night when he relaxed his body onto the cold road. I too would have kept a vigil until the squirrel was forced down to meet his match however Katty wasn’t having any of this pussyfooting around and you should have seen Morgan’s riled glare as he got picked up and taken inside just after I received the same fate. I slept well after the evening encounter and needless to say dreamt about squirrels.

No comments: